Monday 23 January 2012

The Cheer Squad in My Head!

The 70yr Old Shuffle (everyday I'm shuffling!)

Ever seen an overweight person run? Did you laugh? Did you think to yourself go and eat a pie fatty boomsticks, you are too far gone? Or perhaps you are more optimistic, thinking more positive thoughts such as good for you girlfriend, getting out there and doing something about it. 

Remember that red explosive head that comes with my embarrassment? The old Ka BOOM affect? Well, if you have had the pleasure of enjoying an alcoholic beverage with me you will have seen my 'alcohol glow'. I also have an exercise glow. SO LUCKY, I know!!! And I especially love it when people say "gee your face is really red!" Why thank you Captain Obvious, I hadn't noticed!

I have taken up exercise. Most people do it. It isn't a big deal. But this year, it has become one of my hobbies. So I do have something that I do just for myself, for my health and my amazing good looks. ;)

A good friend of mine started a blog to outline her new running program, she is doing the Couch to 5km. I like to copy her, so I started that program too....and then I started a blog as well. Hmmmmm. Thought I'd be no worries, it's only jogging for 60 secs x 8 reps, with 90 secs between jogs in the first week. Took me 3 weeks to achieve the beginner level. 

I must have been a sight. What you know as running and what I do as running as two different things, I'm sure. I 'run' with the pram, so I have a funny bum-poking-out stride, and when I say stride perhaps I should call it more of a shuffle. It started as a 90yr old creep, briefly scooting for one foot to the other at the same speed as a walk but with the motion of what I think might be running if you put in me in fast forward. I have now graduated to more of a 70yr old shuffle, getting a little gamer on my feet to put a little distance between each step, and increasing my pace as I go.

And honestly! Anyone who has boobs bigger than a handful will understand what I say when I say BLOODY HELL! No wonder I have never run for fun before. But I know that if I keep it up I will release unwanted weight (including in boobs) and running will become easier and easier.....right?

As I run past the newly retired man in his fancy walking suit, the fat man in the wheelchair and the other two young mums that I see at the park a couple of times a week, I wonder what they think of me. I like to fantasise that they are saying little chants in their head like "Go Lozzi go, Go Lozzi go, onto the scales, it will be LOW!" and "feeling fit and feeling great, go hard and you'll do the 8" (reps of running). Me? I yell out loud at myself, like Lleyton and startle anyone who is too close! Come on legs! MOVE! And Lucy looks up at me sweetly, cause she doesn't know that running looks any more graceful that what she sees of me. 

And I'm sure the sleazy old man who sits on the bench and leers at us all as we pass him by just thinks "Holy crap, if I keep watching this one, those boobs are sure to fly out of her top at some point in time and knock her out cold!"

Prick.

Ciao for now,
LG, Life's Good

6 comments:

  1. I love you so much!! Not only do I think you're incredibly brave to be doing this - I just love everything about you - you're funny (ok hilarious really), a fantastic writer - a beautiful person inside and out and I am just so proud to know you!
    Annie xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Annie,
      So glad to see you are reading my blogs and absolutely thrilled that you are finding them amusing too. :) Thank you for your lovely comment and I hope you keep reading along. Much love, Lauren

      Delete
  2. Like my sister here, my face too goes red during and after exercising. At work, I am known to my boss as 'Big Red' after I go for a run at lunch. I have been called worse but I've learnt to accept that my face turns tomato red after I have worked hard. And you know what? I don't care! Who gives a flying toss what anyone thinks. When you exercise do you release endorphines that make you feel good? Well hang onto them and ignore the sleazy old men in your life :-)
    Love you sissy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha, Big Red! It is a pleasure for me to know that is just genetics and that even you, mega fit sister are still afflicted with this redness. Thankfully it is not a show of state of unfit but simply of my hardwork.
      LOL, big red! Hehehehe! xoxoxox

      Delete
  3. Mine too!!! And it stays red for hours afterwards - maybe it's a family thing :-) Aren't we lucky?! Love you both xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looks like we are all blessed then, doesn't it? :)

      Delete